The CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger is the best car battery charger for life. When maintaining multiple cars this tool is a definite requirement. This smart battery charger will keep all your car batteries operating at peak performance.
If you currently do not own a CTEK battery charger for your car battery maintenance, you need to purchase one as it will be just a matter of time before you need it.
State-Of-The-Art Battery Charging Technology
The state-of-the-art CTEK MSX 5.0 is both a smart battery charger and battery maintainer in one. The 8 stage charge cycle of the CTEK MXS 5.0 will extend the lifespan of your battery.
Multiple stages of the CTEK charge cycle will increase the life of your battery, especially the desulfation and deep cycle charging modes.
All flooded lead-acid batteries collect lead sulfate crystals when the battery is not fully charged.
Sulfation is a buildup of lead sulfate crystals inside your car battery.
Did you know? 39% of all car breakdowns are caused by the battery.VARTA Battery
The first stage of the CTEK 8 stage charging cycle uses a patented process to eliminate lead sulfate crystal build-up inside your battery.
Desulfination increases your battery lifespan as the formation of lead sulfate crystals inside your battery is the number one cause of early battery failure in lead-acid batteries.
Set it and FORGET IT
Make sure to get both the 12 Volt Auxiliary Port Adapter (cigarette adapter) (for easy charging from inside the car’s cabin), protective rubber Black bumper casing for the CTEK, and the 8.2′ extension cord for your CTEK.
Reasons Why the CTEK MXS 5.0 is the Best Car Battery Charger for Life
- Unique reconditioning mode, built-in temperature sensing capabilities
- Increases the Lifespan and Performance of your Battery
- Completely sealed Unit, spark-proof, and reverse-polarity protected
- Premium input and output cable with robust strain relief
- 5-year warranty. Ideal for start-stop systems
- Input voltage 110-120 VAC
- Minimum battery voltage required: 2V
Why Use CTEK?
The most prestigious engineering car brands in the world have privately labeled (as OEM) the use of the CTEK product. As a result, CTEK is easily the preferred battery charger.
In fact, CTEK chargers are selling as an OEM part in dealerships, such as Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley Motors, Scania AB, BMW, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Chevrolet (Corvette), Ferrari, Alfa Romeo S.p.A., Maybach-Motorenbau GmbH, Aston Martin, Arctic Cat, Yamaha Motor Company, Maserati, Mercedes, and more worldwide.
CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger will Increase the Lifespan of your Battery
Using the 8 stage charging cycle, the CTEK MSX 5.0 can revive and restore any deeply discharged, stratified, or old batteries. CTEK reconditions your battery using patented technology precesses.
Using the patented desulfation (stage 1) charge cycle, the CTEK removes the build-up of lead sulfate crystals from the inside of the battery.
The build-up of lead sulfate crystals inside car batteries is a major factor in shortening the life and performance of your battery.
What Factors Shorten Your Car’s Battery Life?
A car battery lasts 3-7 years, and this number can vary a lot, as many factors impact the lifespan of a car battery:
- Heat greatly diminishes the life of your battery and typically batteries will only last 3 years in hot locales near the equator.
- Limit short drives in your car. Your battery prefers extended drives. If you consistently take short trips to the office or grocery store, your battery doesn’t have enough time to recharge fully between trips. This can lead to decreased performance.
- The vibration of the battery will cause internal breakdown/damage and will significantly shorten the battery life. Make sure your battery is tightly fastened and fully secured.
- Beware of parasitic draining of your car battery. It is not healthy for your battery to drain it of a full charge cycle.
- Address any corrosion issues on the battery terminal. Remove any white build-up on your battery terminals using water, baking soda, and an old toothbrush.
- Storage of your Boxster in the garage or driveway for extended periods of time will impact your battery. Porsche recommends using a battery charger when not using your Boxster for more than 3 weeks. When not in use, your Boxster’s battery continues to drain passively even when the engine isn’t on. The good news is that these battery-draining habits make for great excuses to take your car on a road trip.
Recover Your Battery’s Health
Many other chargers will need the battery to have at least 8 volts to be able to charge them, but the CTEK can charge a battery with only 2 volts left in it.
Doing the full CTEK 8 Stage Charging Cycle will recover your car battery to it’s current peak performance.
Reasons to Purchase the CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger for Your Porsche Boxster
- The CTEK uses an advanced microprocessor to control battery charging and includes automatic temperature compensation. Your battery will be charged at an optimal level based on the surrounding temperature.
- CTEK offers a 5-year warranty.
- CTEK tests your battery to ensure that it can receive and hold a charge. The charger will make a quick diagnosis of the battery and an error LED light will turn on if your battery fails during the 8 stage charging cycle.
- A full battery desulfation stage before the charging starts (CTEK has patented this technology). As a result, your battery will always get an optimal charge once lead sulfate crystals have been dissolved.
- CTEK can revive and restore deeply discharged, acidly stratified, or old batteries. It does this by reconditioning the battery using a patented process.
- Most battery chargers need the battery to have at least 8 volts to be able to charge. A CTEK charger can charge a battery with as little as 2 volts left in it.
- CTEK includes a unique charging program for AGM car batteries. These are mostly found in newer vehicles with stop/start technology, and the AGM technology itself is mainly reserved for high-end car batteries.
- CTEK maximizes your battery’s lifespan.
- Spark proof and Shockproof to prevent accidents. The CTEK Smarter Charger is spark-free, short-circuit-proof, and designed to prevent reverse polarity. The charger knows if you attach one end to the wrong battery terminal and will not operate if it is attached incorrectly. Conveniently, the red alarm light on the charger alerts you if it wasn’t attached correctly so that you can get it connected properly.
- Fully portable and conveniently stores in the provided CTEK case.
- CTEK is the preferred battery charger for some of the most prestigious engineering brands in the world: Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley Motors, Scania AB, BMW, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Chevrolet (Corvette), Ferrari, Alfa Romeo S.p.A., Maybach-Motorenbau GmbH, Aston Martin, Arctic Cat, Yamaha Motor Company, Maserati, Mercedes, and more.
- CTEK suits all types of lead-acid batteries for vehicles of all sizes and types including cars, motorbikes, marine vessels, agricultural vehicles, motor homes, lawnmowers, and more.
The CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger is Both a Battery Charger and Battery Maintainer
The CTEK MXS 5.0 charger is a state-of-the-art battery maintainer. This smart charger can work with 6 volt and 12 volt batteries (motorcycle, ATV, marine and car batteries.) Once the charger complete the first 7 stages of an 8 stage charge cycle, it going into a pulse pulse cycle that can be used indefinitely (for as long as is needed.)
CTEK 8 Stage Charge Cycle
Step 1 Desulfation
Lead Sulfate crystals form in a battery and cause the untimely demise on 80% of all lead-acid car batteries. The CTEK detects sulfation in the battery and removes lead sulfate crystals that can form on the lead plates of the battery.
This patented desulfation step acts as a thorough cleaning of the interior lead plates of the battery and restores the battery to its original capacity and extends the life span of the battery.
Step 2 Soft Start
The Soft Start step offers severely discharged battery a smaller charge until the battery gets back up to about 10-20% of charge. This step acts as a test to ensure that the battery can accept and maintain a charge. The initial low charge prevent any damage that could be cause to a battery that has dissipated the majority of it’s capacity.
Once testing has completed the CTEK proceeds with a full charge up to 80%. This happens at at a very high speed and efficient rate.
This step charges the rest of the battery to the full 100% at declining current and can take up to 10 hours.
The CTEK does a full analysis of the previous 4 steps to ensure that the fully charged battery maintains its charge. This test analysis takes approximately 3 minutes.
This is a battery reconditioning process (30 minutes to 4 hours) that mixes the battery acid. Tiny bubbles are formed and act to stir up the acid settled at the bottom of the battery. It results in remixing the acid and water into an efficient solution.
Once the reconditioning step has completed, the voltage and the current will level off to maintain a floating charge of 13.6 volts and fully charge your battery to 100%. The float charge will remain active for up to 10 days.
Full maintenance step that keeps the battery at 95-100% capacity by monitoring the voltage and giving it a pulse recharge when the charge drops. This step is perfect for extended periods of time. The pulse step prevents your battery from overcharging. This eliminates the risk of your battery boiling over and drying out.
What is Battery Sulfation?
Battery sulfation is the collection of lead sulfate crystals inside your car battery on the lead plates. These sulfate crystals led to the diminished performance of your battery and significantly impede the chemical to electrical conversion operation.
Effects of Battery Sulfation
If your car battery is subjected to battery sulfation you will experience multiple issues ranging from:
- complete car battery failure
- longer charging times for the battery
- excessive heat build-up when using or charging the car battery
- shorter running times between charges and higher discharge
- dramatically shorter car battery life
Causes of Battery Sulfation
It is normal for flooded lead acid batteries to accumulate sulfation during their lifetime as it is part of the chemical process for the creation of the electrical output by the battery. However buildup of the lead sulfate crystals (sulfination) and can cause problem when:
- the battery is stored with a low charge
- the car battery is stored above 75 degrees
- Car battery is overcharged
The CTEK 8 stage charge cycle detects sulfation in the battery and removes lead sulfate crystals that can form on the lead plates of the battery.